13/11/19 - 04:41 AM

Author Topic: Hip Hop Contest  (Read 2091 times)

Offline ivan

• I-Man
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • mixrevu.com
Re: Hip Hop Contest
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 07:04:34 PM »
Me Provoca for now is a tighter mix, but I love the high end on I puts it down as well, both mixes done well with minor adjustments needed.
I love to record and mix music and meet others who love it just as much as I do.

Offline ivan

• I-Man
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • mixrevu.com
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 08:11:22 PM »
Me Provoca-

Love how the groove is kept in this record, Snares are solid and fat. If anything for me, I'd like to see the below 100Hz tighter.

On & On-

Nice mix. If anything needs adjusting it'd be, better management of the sub bass, when it hits it can get muddy.
I love to record and mix music and meet others who love it just as much as I do.

Offline ivan

• I-Man
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • mixrevu.com
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 05:40:48 PM »
Julio Alfonso- Dizzle K

Love the separation, The vocal processing is nice as well. It's a "tight mix" but with this it's cool. When I say tight I mean the compression. The vocal play with the lead keyboard lead works well EQ wise as well. Overall, I'd have to say I like the mix and the processing. Cheers!

Offline ivan

• I-Man
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • mixrevu.com
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 12:32:45 PM »
Atlanta7- Pleasure -

I think there are some balance issues here for me. The snare seems to hit harder and in your face around 3k than I'd like. I think the lower range percussion (toms and kick) sit nicely. I'd also like to see a new look at how your vocal eq's compliment the track, I think there could be some more clarity.

Offline ivan

• I-Man
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • mixrevu.com
Hip Hop Contest
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 09:29:16 AM »
Julio Alfonso- Compression on the vocals works really well, and the string section balance is very nice in this track. The only place where I want a little more is on the snare, I'd like a little more body from that in the 125-250Hz region, especially for a hip hop track. Very solid mix, though, some of the major elements were really handled nicely especially the overall balance and the vocal treatment.

Deon- I feel like the organ has more low freq information than is what is needed. with the low tom so forceful, the low freq information from the organ can make things a bit cloudier down there than need to be, and the sustain from the low tom could be tamed a bit as well. There's a mid freq that is dipped more than needs to be in the vocal...I'm thinking upper 4th to 5th ova, but I'm not sure. Attacks on the entire kit are awesome and the compression that you'd expect in a hip hop track fits well.

Good job to the both of you!! ;D